Thursday, November 25, 2010

There's so much to be Thankful For!

On any given day you can find something to be mad about. Grouchy. I certainly have days where I wake up and hate the world!

...But last week at Church they played a short video. And in it said that "Showing gratitude means so much more than just saying Thank You".

This touched me. I say thank you a lot. I've never thank Him. I've never told him how happy I am that I was reconnected with him, and in a whole new light. I never told Him how grateful I was for my family, my friends, my husband... my THINGS. After all, none of the things in my life are "mine". Our children, our money, our cars, houses, books and clothes.

The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it (Psalm 24:1).

I am so grateful to God, for giving his ONLY Son. For us. For our sins. For our lives.

Could you give your only Son (or Daughter)? I bet you wouldn't. I wouldn't. That sacrifice is amazing.

So, today - Thanksgiving 2010, I am showing my gratitude to God. To Jesus. I know that I am covered by his blood. For without him, I wouldn't have any of the people, things or thoughts I do today.