Sunday, December 19, 2010

Life lessons, brought to you by Rascal Flatts and Garth!

Do you listen to certain songs JUST because you love the lyrics? Those lyrics mean something to you personally and you can personally relate on every level? I do. And I love finding those songs.

When we had our wedding I chose ALL of the important songs. Before I came out to walk down the aisle I chose "Mama's Song" By Carrie Underwood to play for my mom (who walked me down the aisle). Our first dance was a song by Keith Urban. Matt's song with his mom was "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts. I LOVE this song. It was SO perfect for Matt. He has been through so much.

Sometimes I tell Matt that I don't like that he was married 2 times, and has a child with either ex wife. But then, as soon as it spills from my lips I realize that without him going through those times, him and I probably would not have met. Remember that song by Garth? Thank God for UNanswered prayers? That's an awesome thing to think about. There are SO many things that I thank God for NOT answering. He really knows whats best, and when and where to place people/things in your life.

The one song I think about when I think about Matt's past "life" is "Bless the Broken Road" By Rascal Flatts. Matt and I both have been on broken roads our entire life. This should have been our first dance song, but no one would have "got" it.

I am so grateful to God for giving me this broken road, and for not answering some of my prayers.

God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you... LOVE!